“To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
March is here and so is the laundry list of things to do in your yard!
It is now time to:
- Compost any remaining leaves
- Cut back any grasses or perennials; remove all dead debris from plants and compost
- Transplant any trees, shrubs or perennials now before the spring burst
- Prune fruit trees and grapes
- Start seeds indoors: herbs, peppers and, later this month, tomatoes
- Prune any dead branches out (you can check if the branches are alive by gently scraping a nail against the bark. If it is green, it is alive. If brown and dry, remove)
- Check your drainage. Spring rains and thaws can cause saturation and water damage to the house if not managed. Clear any downspouts and gutters to ensure proper function
- Plan your Spring Maintenance Budget and schedule a review of needs
- Contact a designer if you want to take your property up a notch!
Get ready for Spring!